- 1 How do I register my motorcycle with LTO?
- 2 How do I register an imported motorcycle?
- 3 How do I register a motorcycle in NZ?
- 4 How much does registration cost NZ?
- 5 Can I drive my motorcycle without or CR?
- 6 How do I know if my motorcycle is registered LTO?
- 7 How much does it cost to import a motorcycle?
- 8 Are imported bikes more expensive to insure?
- 9 What is a GREY import motorcycle?
- 10 How much does it cost to re register a motorbike?
- 11 Can you get a WOF without a Rego?
- 12 Can I register my trailer without a WOF?
- 13 How long can a car be unregistered NZ?
- 14 How much does a warrant of fitness cost NZ?
- 15 How much is a 3 month Rego NZ?
How do I register my motorcycle with LTO?
- Bring all requirements to the appropriate LTO branch.
- LTO will inspect the vehicle to verify motorcycle details.
- Pay the LTO fees for transfer of ownership.
- Await the release of your new documents.
- Create photocopies of the new documents.
How do I register an imported motorcycle?
What you need
- VIA documentation.
- proof of entitlement to register the vehicle (bill of sale or overseas registration certificate, if applicable)
- proof of identity documents.
- AUVIS inspection report.
How do I register a motorcycle in NZ?
There are four steps to follow to register your vehicle if it isn’t registered now, but it has been registered in New Zealand before.
- Step 1: Go to an entry certifier. Take the vehicle to an entry certifier.
- Step 2: Inspect and certify. The entry certifier will:
- Step 3: Register and license.
- Step 4: Get back on the road.
How much does registration cost NZ?
Common vehicle registration fees
|Registration of motor vehicle (issued with standard plates, and includes your first vehicle licence and ACC levy)||6 months|
|Private passenger||Petrol driven – 0–60cc incl||$243.49|
|Petrol driven – 61cc–600cc incl||$271.09|
|Petrol driven – 601cc and over||$328.16|
Can I drive my motorcycle without or CR?
The answer to this question is yes you can, but only for a week and with a specific document. The document that actually lets you drive your brand new vehicle without the OR/ CR is the Sales Invoice. It is important to note that this must match the conduction sticker of your vehicle in order to be valid.
How do I know if my motorcycle is registered LTO?
At the moment, LTO already has a system that allows you to text LTO to check plate number. All you need to do is using your cellphone to key in: LTOVEHICLE[plate number of your car] and then, send to 2600. After that, wait for around 5 – 10 minutes till you receive the auto-generated reply.
How much does it cost to import a motorcycle?
The cost to ship a motorcycle Long-distance shipping (moves closer to 1,000 miles or more) runs anywhere from $400 to $600, and prices are calculated by the mile. As a general rule of thumb, trips around 1,000 miles cost $0.50 per mile. Shipping outside of the Lower 48 may cost you a little more.
Are imported bikes more expensive to insure?
Although imported bikes are sometimes near-identical to their UK counterparts, they can be more expensive to insure. It’s because fewer insurers are willing to provide cover, so you’ll have fewer policies to choose between and that pushes up prices.
What is a GREY import motorcycle?
Unlike parallel imports, grey imports are brought in from outside the EU, often from Japan. These are mostly unusual makes and models for collectors or enthusiasts. Grey import bikes haven’t been EU approved. It’s important to get your new wheels approved so it meets environmental and safety regulations.
How much does it cost to re register a motorbike?
This will cost you $200-$300 depending on the engineer. This is generally a one off fee including any rechecking needed after the first inspection but do check first.
Can you get a WOF without a Rego?
Every car on the road in New Zealand needs to have a current warrant of fitness (the WOF ) and a current certificate of registration ( Rego ). The Rego means your vehicle is legal to be on the road. You can ‘t renew your Rego without having a current WOF.
Can I register my trailer without a WOF?
You don’t need the trailer with you and you cant get a WOF until the ‘Rego’ is done first. All you need to know to fill in the form is that the type of motor vehicle is “ trailer ” and the model is either “car” or “boat” as appropriate.
How long can a car be unregistered NZ?
The vehicle’s registration has been cancelled by the NZTA – not by the vehicle owner. Passenger vehicles can only remain unlicensed for 12 months, or 24 months if currently owned by a vehicle trader. Non-passenger vehicles (trailers, ATVs, etc) can remain unlicensed for 24 months.
How much does a warrant of fitness cost NZ?
Warrant of Fitness The cost of a Warrant of Fitness inspection varies, but is an average of $50– $60.
How much is a 3 month Rego NZ?
Common licensing fees
|Goods truck/van/utility||3 months|
|Private passenger||Petrol driven – 0-3500kg GVM||$ 35.18|
|Petrol driven – 3501–6000kg GVM||$82.17|
|Non-petrol driven – 0-3500kg GVM||$52.02|
|Non-petrol driven – 3501–6000kg GVM||$87.21|