- 1 Are DOT approved helmets legal in Singapore?
- 2 What is the best motorcycle helmet for the money?
- 3 Where can I buy motorcycle gear in Singapore?
- 4 Can you wear a motorcycle helmet in a shop?
- 5 Is it compulsory to wear helmet when cycling in Singapore?
- 6 Is Arai helmet approved in Singapore?
- 7 Are Shoei helmets worth the money?
- 8 Is it worth buying an expensive motorcycle helmet?
- 9 What is the safest motorcycle helmet to buy?
- 10 Where can I buy AGV helmet in Singapore?
- 11 What are the gears on a motorcycle?
- 12 Can you wear helmets in stores?
- 13 Are motorcycle helmet covers legal?
- 14 Why do motorcyclists have to remove their helmets?
Are DOT approved helmets legal in Singapore?
In Singapore, all helmets must be certified safe by the organisation called TUV SUD PSB. Do note that in Singapore, it is an offence to use a helmet that does not carry this label, even if it came with overseas certifications like DOT and SNELL (USA). If caught, you can be fined.
What is the best motorcycle helmet for the money?
- Best full face helmet: Shoei RF -1400 helmet.
- Best budget full face helmet: ICON Airflite helmet.
- Best dirt helmet: Fly Racing Formula CC helmet.
- Best budget dirt helmet: Bell MX-9 MIPS helmet.
- Best modular helmet: AGV Sportmodular helmet.
- Best budget modular helmet: Sedici Sistema II helmet.
- Best ADV helmet: Arai XD-4 helmet.
Where can I buy motorcycle gear in Singapore?
- Motoworld Singapore concept store. As one of the leading motorcycle gear stores in town Motoworld Singapore provides the largest and most extensive range around for all hardcore bike fanatics out there.
- Chong Aik.
- Singapore Racing World.
- Dainese Singapore.
- Budget Direct Insurance.
Can you wear a motorcycle helmet in a shop?
It’s only a requirement in government buildings, everywhere else it’s up to the shop. They have every right to ask you to take it off. My local shop I often use on the way home from work is fine with it, they know who I am, same with my local petrol station.
Is it compulsory to wear helmet when cycling in Singapore?
Under the Road Traffic Act, it is mandatory for cyclists and PAB riders to wear a helmet when riding on roads.
Is Arai helmet approved in Singapore?
The better selections of helmets in Singapore are mostly non- approved PSB helmets. These are your more expensive and reliable brands like ARAI, SHARK and SIMPSON, to name a few. Riders caught riding without a PSB- approved helmet can be fined SGD$50, siol. The penalty is the same for tinted visors, just so you know.
Are Shoei helmets worth the money?
Shoei helmets are top-notch products, no doubt. But the best helmet is the one that fits YOU best. The priciest, most expensive helmet with the most features and nicest graphic in the world will be a HAZARD if it doesn’t fit your head right. If you have a Shoei head, get a Shoei.
Is it worth buying an expensive motorcycle helmet?
Up to a certain point, yes. As development is expensive, by buying something more costly, you will potentially be getting a more thought-out helmet, with better comfort, aerodynamics, and maybe somewhat safer.
What is the safest motorcycle helmet to buy?
Top 11 Safest Motorcycle Helmets
- Arai Corsair V. Photo: Rider’s Discount.
- Shoei X-12. Photo: YlwDevil.
- HJC CL-16. Photo: Revzilla.
- Scorpion EXO-R2000. Photo: Scorpion.
- Arai RX-Q. Photo: GPhelmets.com.
- Bell Star. Photo: Hien Tran.
- Bell RS-1. Photo: Megat DS.
- Shoei RF-1200. Photo: SF Moto.
Where can I buy AGV helmet in Singapore?
Top AGV Motorcycle Helmets Price List 2021
|Top 10 products||Price||Store|
|AGV K1 Solid Helmet||S$ 299.00||Shopee|
|AGV K-5 Jet Top Zoo Motorcycle Helmet||S$ 499.00||Shopee|
|AGV K-5 Jet Top Soleluna 2017 Helmet (Small)||S$ 499.00||Lazada|
|AGV K-5 Jet Top Soleluna 2017 Helmet||S$ 499.00||Shopee|
What are the gears on a motorcycle?
The gear pattern is laid out with first gear at the very bottom, followed by neutral, first, second, third, fourth, fifth, and sometimes sixth gear. By sliding your left foot under the gear shift lever and lifting it upward, you shift to a higher gear. Each click equals one gear.
Can you wear helmets in stores?
That’s perfectly legal… unless those rules impinge on the rights of specific groups of people that are known by the term “Constitutionally Protected classes.” Religion is a Constitutionally Protected class. So the store can bar the wearing of helmets, but not burkas.
Are motorcycle helmet covers legal?
Under California law, wearing a helmet safely means that the helmet completely covers someone’s head and the chin straps are securely fastened. The helmet’s fit must be snug and limit excessive movement of the head within the helmet. California’s climate and scenery make motorcycling a popular recreation in our state.
Why do motorcyclists have to remove their helmets?
Requiring motorcyclists to remove their helmets at filling stations is not a health and safety issue. It enables better control of the refilling operation, reduces the risk of spilling fuel on clothes, high temperature parts of the motorcycle itself and on the forecourt.