How do I clean carbon out of my exhaust?
How to Remove Carbon in a Muffler
- Spray the tip and the inside of the muffler with the carb or combustion chamber cleaner. Use a liberal dose.
- Scrub inside tailpipe with the wire brush to remove the carbon.
- Wipe off the exhaust tip with a rag after the carbon removal process.
How do you clean tarnished motorcycle exhaust?
How to clean a stainless-steel motorcycle exhaust;
- The quickest way to get rid of the discolouration is to use an acid to etch away the corrosion.
- Rinse off all the chemicals.
- Use metal polish (eg Autosol) or the finest grade wire wool.
What is the best chrome polish for motorcycles?
Best Motorcycle Chrome Polish & Cleaner Review
- Chemical Guys – Moto Metal Polish. Best Motorcycle Chrome Polish for Long-Lasting Protection.
- Meguiar’s – Motorcycle All Metal Polish.
- Original Bike Spirits – Spray Cleaner and Polish.
- Happich – Simichrome Polishing Paste.
- Surf City Garage – Killer Chrome Polish.
How do you clean and polish chrome exhaust pipes?
A popular way to safely clean chrome or stainless steel exhaust tips is by using a dedicated exhaust cleaner, followed by automotive-grade steel wool and a metal polish you can apply with a clean microfiber towel.
What will dissolve carbon build up?
On stubborn deposits, use a putty knife, wire brush or steel wool, taking care not to bear down on the metal surfaces. Clean away the remaining carbon with solvent, using fine steel wool to smooth rough spots. You can also soak metal parts for up to 15 minutes to remove stubborn deposits.