How do you make a brake lever easier to pull?
Apply a few drops of good lube, like tri-flow, to the pivots. Brake lever is the least likely to be the problem. With the cable removed, it should be really easy to squeeze and you shouldn’t feel any binding.
Why are my bike brakes so hard to pull?
The two most likely things that make the levers ” hard to pull ” are friction in the cables/casings and adjustment/lubrication problems with the brakes. It has NOTHING to do with the barrel adjusters.
How do you replace a brake lever on a bike?
How to Change Road-Style Bicycle Brake Levers
- Step 1: Gather Your Supplies. To change your brake levers, you’ll need the following items:
- Step 2: Remove Bar Tape.
- Step 3: Disconnect and Remove Brake Cables.
- Step 4: Remove the Old Brake Levers.
- Step 5: Attach New Brake Levers.
- Step 6: Reconnect the Brake Cables.
- Step 7: Wrap Your Handle Bars (Recommended)
- 6 Comments.