- 1 What size of spark plug do I need?
- 2 What spark plug does a motorized bike take?
- 3 Which type of spark plugs are used for heavy duty?
- 4 What are the best spark plugs for Mercedes?
- 5 How do I know if my spark plugs need changing?
- 6 Are all spark plugs the same size?
- 7 What spark plug is better platinum or iridium?
- 8 Do spark plugs increase horsepower?
- 9 What spark plugs are the best for performance?
- 10 Which is better Denso or NGK Spark Plugs?
- 11 What are the symptoms of bad spark plugs?
- 12 Does it matter what brand of spark plugs you use?
What size of spark plug do I need?
Most spark plugs require a 5/8″ ( 16mm ) size spark plug socket. This refers to the size of the flats on the spark plug that are in contact with the socket.
What spark plug does a motorized bike take?
Guest. NGK B6HS OR B5HS are the best direct replacements. I have fitted an Autolite 4093 with no problems, but haven’t checked to see if it goes into the cylinder at all.
Which type of spark plugs are used for heavy duty?
Denso’s Iridium Saver Series spark plugs are designed with precision, manufactured to OE standards and subjected to rigorous safety and performance tests. The unique Iridium alloy, developed and patented by Denso, offers a high welding point which dramatically improves wear resistance.
What are the best spark plugs for Mercedes?
NOTE: Mercedes – Benz cars typically have two spark plugs per cylinder. Which are the best spark plugs for my Mercedes – Benz?
|Best Performance||OEM Stock Spark Plugs||Economy Spark Plugs|
|NGK Iridium IX See Lowest Price||Bosch Platinum See Lowest Price||Bosch Super Copper See Lowest Price|
How do I know if my spark plugs need changing?
7 Signs You Need to Replace Your Spark Plugs
- The car is hard to start.
- The engine misfires.
- The car gets poor fuel economy.
- Rough engine idle.
- Your car struggles to accelerate.
- The engine is really loud.
- Your ‘ check engine’ light is on.
- Frequency of replacing spark plugs.
Are all spark plugs the same size?
It is not necessary that all of them are of the same size. Generally, spark plugs are differentiated based on the metal used. The various types of spark plugs based on the metal used are Copper, Platinum, and Iridium. All these plugs can be found in various sizes and have their specific usage.
What spark plug is better platinum or iridium?
Iridium is said to be six times harder and eight times stronger than platinum with a 700° higher melting point. Iridium spark plugs have extremely fine electrodes while retaining excellent wear characteristics. Thanks to its strength, iridium spark plugs can last up to 25% longer than comparable platinum spark plugs.
Do spark plugs increase horsepower?
In short, yes, in some situations spark plugs can increase horsepower. The theory behind spark plugs increasing horsepower is that by providing more spark to the firing tip of the spark plug, it will (and does ) combust more fuel.
What spark plugs are the best for performance?
Best Spark Plugs for Horsepower – Performance – Fuel Mileage (2020 edition)
- Denso (4504) PK20TT.
- NGK 3403 G-Power.
- ACDelco 41-962.
- NGK Iridium IX.
- ACDelco 9748RR Wires.
Which is better Denso or NGK Spark Plugs?
While both NGK and Denso are both quality companies that make stellar spark plugs, it comes down to personal choice. You may like one above the other, but both are great spark plug brands, that have durability, longevity, state-of-the-art technology and more.
What are the symptoms of bad spark plugs?
What are the signs your Spark Plugs are failing?
- Engine has a rough idle. If your Spark Plugs are failing your engine will sound rough and jittery when running at idle.
- Trouble starting. Car won’t start and you’re late for work… Flat battery?
- Engine misfiring.
- Engine surging.
- High fuel consumption.
- Lack of acceleration.
Does it matter what brand of spark plugs you use?
The engine won’t know the difference. All spark plug manufacturers cross-reference their plugs with other brands so their brand can be interchanged with other brands. What’s really important is making sure your customers get the correct spark plugs for their engine regardless of the brand.