- 1 What is the best area to stay in Koh Lanta?
- 2 Where is the party in Koh Lanta?
- 3 How many days do you need in Koh Lanta?
- 4 Is Koh Lanta expensive?
- 5 Is Koh Lanta touristy?
- 6 Is Koh Lanta a party island?
- 7 How do you get to Koh Lanta?
- 8 What should I avoid in Thailand?
- 9 Is Koh Samui or Phuket better?
- 10 Is Krabi or Koh Samui better?
- 11 Is Ko Lanta safe?
- 12 How long is the ferry from Phuket to Koh Lanta?
- 13 How do I get from Trang to Koh Lanta?
What is the best area to stay in Koh Lanta?
Klong Dao, Long Beach and Klong Khong Klong Dao beach and Long Beach are the two most popular beaches on Ko Lanta and both have a big selection of places to eat and stay, while Klong Khong is more low key. Klong Khong has some beautiful villas to rent just a few hundred metres walk to the beach.
Where is the party in Koh Lanta?
Here are some of Koh Lanta’s best bars for a fun night out.
- Why Not Bar. Bar, Thai, $$$
- Freedom Bar. Bar, Thai, $$$
- Funky Monkey. Bar, American, European, $$$
- Otto Bar. Bar, European, Thai, $$$
- Majestic Bar. Bar, Thai, $$$
- Rasta Baby Bar. Bar, American, Thai, $$$
- Mong Bar. Bar, American, Thai, $$$
- Pangea Beach Bar.
How many days do you need in Koh Lanta?
If you’re looking for peace, relaxation, and laid-back beach life, Koh Lanta is the right place for you too, and you can spend 10 or so days kicking back with a good book at the pool or one of the many beautiful beaches.
Is Koh Lanta expensive?
Cost of Living Koh Lanta is definitely more expensive than Chiang Mai but still quite affordable. Much like our experience in Bali, most of the food available was served from tourist restaurants charging at tourist prices. This is one reason why the kitchen was so important at KoHub.
Is Koh Lanta touristy?
Lanta also has a lively culture as a result of receiving many immigrants, such as the Chinese and even sea gypsies. As Koh Lanta is still little touristy explored, it is easy to discover unknown places and deserted beaches.
Is Koh Lanta a party island?
Koh Lanta’s party atmosphere is more a mix of ages, with better music, and not quite as hectic as the notorious ‘ party islands ‘. The best places to have a drink and a dance in Koh Lanta include the chill Tuesday beach party at Pangea Beach Bar, Freedom Bar, and the Day-Glo friendly half-moon parties at Mushroom Bar.
How do you get to Koh Lanta?
The nearest airport to Koh Lanta is Krabi International Airport (KBV). From Krabi you can take the ferry or shared minibus (350 baht) to Koh Lanta. Both take about two hours (longer if you are staying in the far south of the island). The minibus is more convenient than the ferry as they drop you off at your hotel.
What should I avoid in Thailand?
1. Places for backpackers to stay
- Avoid: Khao San Road.
- Instead: Sukhumvit and Siam Square are popular and convenient alternatives.
- Avoid: Bargaining a flat rate with a taxi driver.
- Instead: Insist on using the meter – it’s illegal for taxi drivers to refuse.
- Avoid: Ping Pong Shows.
Is Koh Samui or Phuket better?
Both islands have some of the world’s most beautiful beaches so traveler’s choice will depend on their interests and what they want to get out of their holiday. For a social whirlwind or surfing, Phuket is the better choice. But for a relaxed holiday by the ocean or for snorkeling, Samui is the winner.
Is Krabi or Koh Samui better?
Koh Samui is one of the most expensive destinations in Thailand, and is ideal if you have a higher budget and your trip falls between January and August. If you have a standard budget and are going between November and April, Krabi is a better bet.
Is Ko Lanta safe?
Koh Lanta seemed very safe for women traveling solo. I was treated with respect throughout and the many solo women I interacted with felt safe and comfortable. Common sense safety precautions are enough!
How long is the ferry from Phuket to Koh Lanta?
How long is the ferry from Phuket to Koh Lanta? A ferry from Phuket to Koh Lanta will take between 1 hour 30 minutes and 5 hours, depending on which pier you depart from, and which ferry company you use.
How do I get from Trang to Koh Lanta?
How to get from Trang Railway Station to Koh Lanta
- There is one direct service each day from Trang Train Station to Koh Lanta.
- The first part of the journey is a 47.7 km journey by bus from Trang Railway Station to Haad Yao Pier.