- 1 How do I know which spark plugs I need?
- 2 Which spark plugs are best for performance?
- 3 Which type of spark plugs are used in Bajaj motorcycles?
- 4 Are motorcycle spark plugs universal?
- 5 Do spark plug brands matter?
- 6 What are the symptoms of bad spark plugs?
- 7 Does spark plugs increase horsepower?
- 8 Which is a better spark plug iridium or platinum?
- 9 Which is better NGK or autolite?
- 10 What does TEC in ExhausTEC stand for?
- 11 Which spark plug is best for Pulsar 150?
- 12 How do you check pulsar spark plugs?
- 13 How often should you change spark plugs on a motorcycle?
- 14 How do you know when your motorcycle needs new spark plugs?
- 15 Can you use car spark plug on a motorcycle?
How do I know which spark plugs I need?
At the auto supply store, don’t just ask a salesperson which type of plug you should buy — you have a very good chance of getting the wrong one. First look up the specifications yourself, and then ask for the plug by number. If you ‘re unsure, have a salesperson double-check it for you.
Which spark plugs are best for performance?
Iridium – Often considered to be the best spark plugs for high performance and longevity. Iridium usually lasts 25% longer than platinum, but you guessed it, they’re usually more expensive!
Which type of spark plugs are used in Bajaj motorcycles?
Bajaj Pulsar Motorcycle Spark Plug
|Pack Size||1000 Pieces In a Box|
|Compatible For||Bajaj Pulser 150-180-200-220, LHS, Discover, Platina 125, XCD-125 and 135, Crystal DTSi|
|Pack Type||Carton Box|
Are motorcycle spark plugs universal?
All spark plugs are not alike — different types of plug gap configuration exist: The surface gap plug doesn’t use the standard ground electrode and center wire configuration.
Do spark plug brands matter?
Although many motorists and technicians prefer to stick with the same brand when replacing spark plugs, there’s nothing on the label that limits a particular brand of plug to a particular vehicle make or model.
What are the symptoms of bad spark plugs?
What are the signs your Spark Plugs are failing?
- Engine has a rough idle. If your Spark Plugs are failing your engine will sound rough and jittery when running at idle.
- Trouble starting. Car won’t start and you’re late for work… Flat battery?
- Engine misfiring.
- Engine surging.
- High fuel consumption.
- Lack of acceleration.
Does spark plugs increase horsepower?
In short, yes, in some situations spark plugs can increase horsepower. The theory behind spark plugs increasing horsepower is that by providing more spark to the firing tip of the spark plug, it will (and does ) combust more fuel.
Which is a better spark plug iridium or platinum?
Iridium is said to be six times harder and eight times stronger than platinum with a 700° higher melting point. Iridium spark plugs have extremely fine electrodes while retaining excellent wear characteristics. Thanks to its strength, iridium spark plugs can last up to 25% longer than comparable platinum spark plugs.
Which is better NGK or autolite?
The quality of ngk is better, but I have one car that just likes autolites better, same gap & heat range. Car runs better with the autolites and the ngk will start to slowly load up.
What does TEC in ExhausTEC stand for?
This ExhausTEC is another innovation on Indian bikes from Bajaj Auto. As the name suggests, it means that it is something related to the “Exhaust” of the motorcycle. The “ TEC ” stands for “Torque Expansion Chamber”.
Which spark plug is best for Pulsar 150?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
- NGK Metal Spark Plugs CPR8EAIX-9.
- NIKAVI NCPR8EAIX Iridium Spark Plug Compatible for Pulsar 150/180/200.
- Motul 3100 4T Gold 20W50 API SM Technosynthese High Performance Semi Synthetic Engine Oil for Bikes (1.15 L)
- NGK CPR8EA-9 Conventional Spark Plug for Bikes.
How do you check pulsar spark plugs?
Just unplug the right plug and rev the bike to about 2-3k in idle to check if its producing spark.
How often should you change spark plugs on a motorcycle?
So, how often should you replace your motorcycle plugs? For most modern motorcycles, spark plugs should be replaced every 15,000 to 16,000 miles. But, if your motorcycle is running rough, sputtering, or is losing power, spark plugs should be inspected and replaced if necessary.
How do you know when your motorcycle needs new spark plugs?
Signs Your Motorcycle Spark Plugs Have Gone Bad
- Misfiring Issues. One of the common signs of bad spark plugs is a misfiring engine.
- Backfiring Issues. Backfiring is also a common sign of bad spark plugs.
- Flooded Engine.
- Strong Smelling Gas or Gas Spraying Out of the Exhaust.
- Check the Condition of Your Spark Plugs.
- Replace Your Spark Plugs.
Can you use car spark plug on a motorcycle?
Absolutely not, yes. Some cars and trucks use glow plugs instead of spark plugs. Usually Diesel engines which are also usually 2-stroke engines. Some motorcycles also have 2 stroke Diesel engines.